When it’s time for football, get ready to keep your guests happy with these tailgating recipes. This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is the perfect football party pleaser. It’s a spicy party food appetizer full of classic buffalo wing flavors. For some other tasty game-day recipes, be sure to scroll to the end.
Make your next homegating party an event that all your friends are going to want to attend with this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip and all the football appetizers people love. When it’s football season in our house that means dinner at halftime! And when our friends come over to watch the game, we do our best to keep them fed with easy-to-make recipes.
To keep my pantry ready to throw together some great football appetizers, I keep these essentials on hand to make delicious game-watching recipes. We love to keep it easy and grab all of our homegating essentials for the game. Sweet, spicy, salty – all important. Keeping things easy is always important to us and we love to actually enjoy our guests when they are here. These homegating recipes will keep you watching the game longer and spending less time in the kitchen. We call that winning!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
In a bowl, combine cooked chicken breast, cream cheese, ranch, and Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. This buffalo chicken dip is super creamy and delicious with just the right amount of zing. Serve this dip at your next football party for an appetizer that is sure to please!
Grab a big bowl for your favorite crunchy snack to dip in the chicken dip!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is a delicious appetizer – a creamy, cheesy, spicy combination packed with flavor.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE all ingredients and spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish if desired and serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
How Do You Cook Chicken for Buffalo Chicken Dip
PRE-COOKED: You can also use a cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocery store.
BAKING: Another option is to bake your chicken. Place chicken breasts into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
BOILING: Another way to cook chicken for buffalo chicken dip is to boil the chicken in water or chicken broth. Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil and season with 2 teaspoons of salt and a teaspoon of black pepper or use chicken broth. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts into the boiling water. Bring the water back to a simmer and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside and is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Tips for this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- You can mix it together up to two days in advance and keep it in the fridge, then I recommend baking it fresh whenever you want to serve it.
- There are many things to serve with buffalo chicken dip – celery, carrots, Nut-Thins, and many other varieties of crunchy!
- It tastes great reheated! Reheat in a 250°F oven, covered with foil, for about 15 minutes, until warm, or in the microwave until bubbling and warm.
- Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 minutes until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover and heat on HIGH setting for 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir.
Tailgating Tip: Prepare dip ahead and place in a heavy disposable foil pan. Place pan on grill and heat dip until hot and bubbly.